Mary Salas Fundraiser

Dear Friends, I¹m excited to announce that both Chancellor Emeritus Augie Gallego and Superintendent Rudy Castruita are hosting an event for me on November 30th. I hope you can join me.  The invitation and directions are attached.  Please feel free to forward to our...

Congratulations, We Won!

---------- California Labor Federation  AFL-CIO November 8, 2005 Statement on the Special Election By Art Pulaski, Executive Secretary-Treasurer Congratulations on a great victory! We swept Arnold Schwarzenegger's entire Special Election agenda. This election was a...

Gov. Hopes Opponents Stay Home

This is why it is critically important that we turn out to VOTE on November 8th! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ THE SPECIAL ELECTION Gov. Aims to Get Out Vote Selectively With Schwarzenegger's initiatives lagging in polls, he...

Wealth versus Commonwealth

Back in the latter part of the 19th century when unionists and populists railed against the emerging power of the robber barons and corporate America, the refrain used was "Wealth versus Commonwealth." Were democracy and electoral politics going to be the province of...

Free Entertainment Books!

Now that I have your attention... I really wasn't kidding about the message below.  We have about 500 signs to get out and about five volunteers.  That is sad. So, in a desperate attempt to increase your level of participation, we are offering each sign delivery...

More Help Needed Delivering Yard Signs 10/26/05

Colleagues, We still need volunteers to help us deliver NO on Prop. 74, 75, 76 yard signs over the next few days. It's a very easy process: 1)  Call the AFT office at 619-640-1155 to arrange a time to pick up your "load" of signs. 2)  You will be given a map with the...

Props. 75/76=No More Checks and Balances

In the last election the Governor was unable to win even one legislative seat he campaigned on behalf of.  He has been equally ineffective in trying to convince the public he is correct on his issues as his approval rating continues to steadily decline with more than...

Precinct Walks Oct 29-30

The Alliance For A Better California Coalition will be walking out of the SDCTA office both Saturday and Sunday this weekend in addition to south bay and north county locations.  Please see the attached flier for details on locations and times. The election is only...