The American Federation of Teachers Guild Local 1931 is an open, active, vital, member-driven organization representing faculty and staff of the San Diego Community College District. We are dedicated to achieving and maintaining the highest quality:
• Educational environment provided for our students;
• Compensation and working conditions for all of the employees we represent;
• Legal representation, ensuring that justice, fairness, dignity and due process are afforded to all unit members;
• Workplace unity and equity, actively built on a foundation of respect among all unit members;
• Solidarity among unions in supporting working people everywhere, in their demands for a living wage, access to affordable health care, and respectable working conditions;
• Worker education programs emphasizing the current issues affecting working families, as well as a broader perspective on labor’s struggles throughout history;
• Legislative advocacy on behalf of all workers, and directed at all levels of the legislative system.
We further commit ourselves, on behalf of all workers, to expanding and advancing the labor movement in general at all levels.