Proposed 2009-2010 Academic Calendar

Dear Colleagues, I wanted to share with you the proposed calendar for the 2009-10 year as a result of our recent calendar committee negotiations. Elements this calendar contains which I believe are positive changes from the current year calendar: • Better balance...

Letter Writing Campaign-Mary Block and Marty Emerald

Hello everybody, We need your help to elect Marty Block, 78th Assembly District and Marti Emerald, 7th District, San Diego City Council! We're having a letter writing party and need your fine penmenship. Join us in writing letters for Marty Block and Marti Emerald....

Born-Again Democracy

By William Greider October 1, 2008, The Nation Link Our country is at a rare and dangerous juncture. The old order is crumbling, and virtually all the centers of power that govern us have been discredited by events. The president is irrelevant, weak and unbelievable,...

Preparations for Negotiations

Colleagues, As you have already seen as a result of the ill-advised state budget that was passed, our District is due to receive approximately 2.0% in growth funding, and a whopping 0.68% COLA.  (Yes, the decimal is in the right place there, that's a COLA of less than...

Cancel: AFT 9/26 Presidential Debate Survey

Regrettably, I must cancel what was intended to be an interesting survey, due to the fact that someone has decided to "spam" the survey with several hundred duplicate responses. Jim Begin forwarded message: From: Jim Mahler <aftjim@pacbell.net> Date: September...

California budget agreement was no compromise

Marty Hittelman Wednesday, September 24, 2008 The governor has signed a budget for the state that does nothing to support the long-term stability of vital California services. Such an unfortunate and shortsighted budget deal is the result of Republican intransigence...