Your “Yes” Vote on AB 955 (Williams)

Dear Assemblywoman Gonzalez, It was extremely disappointing to see your affirmative vote last week on AB 955 (Williams).  As you are well aware, since you helped us lobby Senator Marty Block against this bill prior to your election to the Assembly, this bill would...

You Said It We Listened

Many of our members were unhappy with the multiple steps required to see their coverage options for the new AFT Benefits offering for both Part-Time and Full-Time members. Starting today, the Self Enrollment calculators will no longer require an ID to access any of...

If you have asked yourself…

1.    How would I pay my bills if I was injured or sick? 2.    If I pass away, how would my loved ones cope? 3.    If I become permanently disabled, how would my family afford the cost of the care? Attend a 30 minute workshop to learn more and have your questions...

Labor Council Endorses David Alvarez

It’s David Alvarez!  Last Friday evening, after five grueling hours of candidate interviews and spirited debate, the San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council overwhelmingly endorsed David Alvarez for mayor.  This decision came after weeks of intense lobbying...

Open Letter to Lorena Gonzalez

Dear "Sister" Gonzalez, Words cannot express how disappointed I felt to read your message (pasted in below) endorsing Nathan Fletcher for Mayor. One would never know by reading your message that just 3 1/2 months ago you served as Secretary-Treasurer of the San...