- This event has passed.
AFT Guild Meeting – Thursday, October 6th- 2022 San Diego Mesa College (10/05/2022)
October 6, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dear AFT Guild Members,
Our next Union meeting will be held this Thursday, October 6th beginning at 3:00pm at Mesa College in the Mesa Commons, room MC-211 A/B. There is parking available along the street in front of the MC building, and there is also a parking structure as you enter the campus on the left hand side.
We will be continuing with our COVID precautions in order to gather this many people in one room:
1) All Guild members wishing to attend will need to show proof of vaccination and booster (if eligible for the booster) to be admitted.
2) Full masking will be required for the duration of the meeting. Acceptable masks are: a KF-94, KN-95, N-95 or a double layer surgical+cloth mask. We will have some KF-94 masks at the door if you need one.
Attached is the tentative agenda for this Thursday’s meeting. At this meeting we will be voting on:
- AFT Guild Positions on Statewide Propositions 1, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and Local Measures A, B, C, D, H, U
- $10k Contribution to the AFT National Disaster Relief Fund
- Transfer of $200k from General Fund to COPE Fund to Fund our Electoral Campaigns
- $5k Contribution in Support of Working Families IE in support of Paloma Aguirre for Imperial Beach Mayor
- $10k Contribution in Support of AFT Guild Member Judy Patacsil for Palomar CCD Board
Please let me know if you have any items you would like to see added to the agenda.
Hope to see you in person on Thursday!
Jim Mahler, President
Union Agenda October 2022