There is plenty of precinct walking to be done in the next few weeks leading up to the June 5th election! If you’re not into walking, plenty of phone bank opportunities exist as well! Choose your favorite candidate from the list below (all have been endorsed by the AFT):
1) Dr. Shirley Weber, candidate for the 79th Assembly District. Contact: Hattie Bryson at email@example.com (619) 462-6936 or campaign office at (619) 735-1839. Campaign office: 6927 North Ave. Lemon Grove, CA 91945.
2) Marty Block for 39th State Senate District. Contact: Roberto C. Alcantar, Roberto@MartyBlock.Com (619) 316-9997 WWW.MARTYBLOCK.COM
3) Labor Council in support of various races. Contact: Marco Briones | Field Organizer, San Diego & Imperial Counties Labor Council | AFL-CIO, (619) 228-8101 Ext. 5, firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Mat Kostrinsky for City Council, District 7. Contact: Vicki Beatty, Volunteer Coordinator, 951-501-9716 (personal cell), email@example.com
5) Bob Filner for Mayor 2012, 1460 7th Ave. San Diego, CA 92101. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org www.bobfilnerformayor.com
Or, if you just want to eat, drink, and write a big check:
Long-time community leaders Linda and Carlos LeGerrette have graciously agreed to hold a fundraiser for Bob Filner for Mayor, which will be held on Thursday, May 24th, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm, at their beautiful home in the historic Golden Hill area of San Diego. The following have already agreed to host the event by contributing themselves and soliciting others to come and contribute: Richard Barrera, Member, San Diego Unified School District Board Lorena Gonzalez, Secretary-Treasurer, San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council Please join them in helping Bob raise the money he needs to promote our vision of a San Diego that serves all of us, not just downtown developers. The ticket cost structure is set at: $1000 Co-Host (Couples Only) $500 Co-Host (Individuals) $250 Key Contributor $100 Guest
You don’t have to wait until the fundraiser to make your contribution to the campaign at http://bobfilnerformayor.com. Unions are not allowed to contribute to this race, so your personal contribution is critical!