Dear SDCCD Faculty AFT Members,
After several more weeks of haggling, today we finally received final confirmation from the District regarding our 2017 RAF allocation!
The package is as follows:
Effective January 1, 2017
• Add one step to Adjunct/Overload Salary Classes 3 through 6 (goal is to eventually have six steps in each salary class/column, and then add more steps in all classes 1-6).
• 1.00% increase across the board on the adjunct faculty salary schedule.
• 0.69% increase across the board on the contract faculty salary schedule.
Effective January 1, 2018
• Add one more step to Adjunct/Overload Salary Classes 4 through 6.
• Decrease the assigned workweek for 1.0 FTEF counseling faculty from 32 to 31 hours per week.
• Decrease assigned lab hour workweek for a 1.0 FTEF from 18 to 17 hours per week.
• Other salary schedule increases and economic improvements as 2018 resources will allow.
(Note: We remain committed to putting proportionately more resource on the adjunct salary schedules until we reach pay equity with the contract salary schedules.)
You will note that this package we are asking you to vote on is slightly different than in the past as we are asking you to ratify the exact values for 2017, and then our priorities for 2018. Once we have all of the revenue figures for 2018, we will have a subsequent ratification vote to confirm all items for 2018.
Considering 2017 is a relatively meager year financially, especially when compared to the record revenues we received in 2016, these changes still represent positive gains. It is our expectation that 2018 will be a better year for us economically.
If ratified, you will see these new salary increases in your February 28/March 10 paychecks. The retroactive amounts owed back to January 1 will be reflected in your March 31/April 10 paychecks.
Please click here to cast your vote to ratify this package no later than 5:00pm, Friday, February 24th. Only AFT Guild members with an active assignment are eligible to vote.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding any of the foregoing.