SAVE NET NEUTRALITY – STOP CONGRESS FROM RUINING THE INTERNET
What is net neutrality? Why does it matter?
Net neutrality is the principle that Internet providers should not control what we see and do online. In 2015, startups, Internet freedom groups, and 3.7 million commenters won strong net neutrality rules from the US Federal Communication Commission (FCC). The rules prohibit Internet providers from blocking, throttling, and paid prioritization-“fast lanes” for sites that pay, and slow lanes for everyone else.
Watch some videos about it:
* Net Neutrality: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO): https://youtu.be/fpbOEoRrHyU
* The Internet is under attack. This is the Battle for the Net.: https://youtu.be/UsyzP5hejxI
* Why Net Neutrality Makes the Internet Great: https://youtu.be/nZEw_6Y0hhU
The People want, need and depend on it.
Nearly everyone who understands and depends on the Internet supports net neutrality, whether they’re startup founders, activists, gamers, politicians, investors, comedians, YouTube stars, or typical Internet users who just want their Internet to work as advertised-regardless of their political party. But don’t take our word for it. Ask around, or watch some of these videos.
Cable Companies (ISP’s) want to end net neutrality, to control & tax the Internet.
Cable companies (Comcast, Verizon, Time Warner Cable, and AT&T) are famous for high prices and poor service. Several rank as the most hated companies in America. Now, they’re lobbying the FCC and Congress to end net neutrality. Why? It’s simple: if they win the power to slow sites down, they can bully any site into paying millions to escape the “slow lane.” This would amount to a tax on every sector of the American economy. Every site would cost more, since they’d all have to pay big cable. Worse, it would extinguish the startups and independent voices who can’t afford to pay. If we lose net neutrality, the Internet will never be the same.
What you can you do to stop these large corporations from ruining the internet as we know it?
* Call the FCC Voicemail at (202) 418-1000 and simply say “My name is (add your name) and I am opposed the repeal of net neutrality. It’s not good for the American people”
* Sign petitions: https://www.change.org/p/save-net-neutrality-netneutrality
Please get involved. Make your voices heard! Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, and any other method of communication you can think of.