Below please find our recommendations for the March 2020 primary election:
1) Your AFT Guild recommendations for our local Governing Board, US President, and other Guild endorsed contests;
2) Recommendations from the San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council on other local races;
3) A link from the California Federation of Teachers to allow you to input your address and get these and other local and statewide recommendations.
**Please note, if the race you are looking for is not listed, it means none of these three bodies have taken a position on that race.**
Most importantly, whether you take our recommendations or not, please make sure you vote!
PLEASE SHARE THIS LIST WITH YOUR FAMLY AND FRIENDS!
1) AFT GUILD PRIORITY RACES:
GROSSMONT-CUYAMACA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
District 3 – Julie Schorr
District 4 – Elena Adams
SAN DIEGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
District B – Bernie Rhinerson
District D – Mary Graham
UNITED STATES PRESIDENT
2) OTHER AFT GUILD ENDORSEMENTS:
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO MEASURE A: YES – Save our San Diego Countryside
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO MEASURE B: NO – Newland Sierra Development
SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
District A – Sabrina Bazzo
District D – Richard Barrera
District E – Sharon Whitehurst Payne
3) SAN DIEGO-IMPERIAL COUNTIES LABOR COUNCIL RECOMMENDATIONS: