Ways to Turn in a Ballot: Everything Voters Need to Know
|San Diego County voters who haven’t turned in ballots yet have more options now than ever. The County Registrar of Voters has four satellite locations for this election in addition to their Kearny Mesa office, all open Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
At those sites (details here) voters can return a ballot, obtain or exchange a ballot, or change their party or address of registration. People who are eligible can also still register to vote for this election at the satellite offices — or at any polling place on Election Day (look yours up here).
|While no postage is required to vote by mail this year, voters can also drop ballots off during open hours at one of the libraries listed here. Voters should call the Registrar with any voting-related problems or questions at (858) 565-5800.
Below please find our recommendations for the March 2020 primary election:
1) Your AFT Guild recommendations for our local Governing Board, US President, and other Guild endorsed contests;
2) Recommendations from the San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council on other local races;
3) A link from the California Federation of Teachers to allow you to input your address and get these and other local and statewide recommendations.
**Please note, if the race you are looking for is not listed, it means none of these three bodies have taken a position on that race.**
Most importantly, whether you take our recommendations or not, please make sure you vote!
PLEASE SHARE THIS LIST WITH YOUR FAMLY AND FRIENDS!
1) AFT GUILD PRIORITY RACES:
GROSSMONT-CUYAMACA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
District 3 – Julie Schorr
District 4 – Elena Adams
SAN DIEGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
District B – Bernie Rhinerson
District D – Mary Graham
UNITED STATES PRESIDENT
2) OTHER AFT GUILD ENDORSEMENTS:
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO MEASURE A: YES – Save our San Diego Countryside
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO MEASURE B: NO – Newland Sierra Development
SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
District A – Sabrina Bazzo
District D – Richard Barrera
District E – Sharon Whitehurst Payne
3) SAN DIEGO-IMPERIAL COUNTIES LABOR COUNCIL RECOMMENDATIONS: