The CFT offers scholarships to high school seniors and college students who are children or dependents of CFT members in good standing. Students enrolled in four-year courses of study are eligible for $3,000 scholarships; those enrolled in two-year courses of study are eligible for $1,000.
- Award selection is based on academic achievement, special talents and skills, participation in extracurricular activities, community service, financial need, and a 500-word essay on a social issue of the applicant’s choice.
- Scholarships are awarded for any one year of higher education.
- Students must be listed as a dependent on their parents’ or guardians’ tax return to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Parents or guardians will be asked to have their local union president verify union membership.
- Students who received scholarships as high school seniors are not eligible for another scholarship during college.
Raoul Teilhet Scholarship applications and deadlines
- For High School Seniors
Deadline to submit applications: January 10, 2017
- For Continuing College Students
Deadline to submit applications: July 1, 2017
For more information, see the CFT website at http://cft.org/member-services/scholarships.html.
Learn more about scholarships offered by the AFT and the AFL-CIO at http://cft.org/member-services/scholarships/national-scholarships.html.
Jim Mahler, President
AFT Guild, Local 1931
San Diego & Grossmont-Cuyamaca