Friday, October 30, 2015 4:51 PM
Dear SDCCD College Adjunct Faculty,
- If you have already qualified for health benefits, beginning next week is your opportunity to add or delete dependents from your health coverage.
- If you haven’t already qualified for health coverage, provided you have had assignments averaging 50% FTEF of more over the past two semesters (this fall and last spring–summers do not count), you can qualify for coverage beginning February 1st, 2016. Contact the benefits office at any time (not just during this two week window period) to sign-up. Your dependents can be added during next year’s open enrollment period.
All benefits are fully paid by the District, another hard fought gain won for adjunct faculty by the Guild.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Begin forwarded message:
From: SDCCD HR Benefits <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: October 30, 2015 at 2:12:01 PM PDT
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: Open Enrollment Begins Sunday / November 1st – November 15th
DON’T MISS YOUR ONCE-A-YEAR OPPORTUNITY TO ENROLL OR MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR BENEFIT COVERAGE
The Benefits Office has gone green – no more open enrollment packets
As an employee, choosing a health coverage option is an important decision. To help you make an informed choice, you will need to understand the available options and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), which summarizes important information about health coverage which will be available online at the District’s Benefits website at:http://hr.sdccd.edu/benefits/beneindex.cfm.
To view your current benefits information (which contains your current plan selection and enrolled dependents) on the VEBA website at http://www.vebaonline.com. The VEBA website also allows you to make plan changes and add or delete dependents during this open enrollment period. To view step by step tutorials for the new VEBA on-line tool please see attachment.
Ö Remember, open enrollment is your opportunity to:
- Change healthcare plans
- Add eligible dependents to your plan
- Delete dependents
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Account (Medical and/or Dependent)
- Hyatt Legal Plan – Plan will automatically roll-over to 2016 year (To Discontinue Plan please contact Benefits at email@example.com)
*2016 Benefit Changes (See attachments) or you may visit the District’s Benefits website for more information http://hr.sdccd.edu/benefits/beneindex.cfm
- 2016 premium rates for United HealthCare Performance Network 1, 2, & 3, Scripps Alliance and PPO plans.
- New! Prescription co-pay and pharmacy changes for all United HealthCare Plans
- New! Kaiser Permanente Care is now at a Target near you
Did you remember to?
- Send in the appropriate documentation for all new dependents never before added to the medical, dental, and vision plans? Marriage license, birth certificates, adoption papers are required for all new dependents to the plan.
All Open Enrolment Benefit changes must be submitted on the VEBA website on-line tool at http://www.vebaonline.com no later than Sunday, November 15th. Please submit your Flexible Spending plan paper enrollment form to the Benefits Department no later than Monday, November 16th no exceptions as this is an IRS plan. For more information you may contact the Benefits Department at x6587 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance please call the Benefits Department at 619-388-6587.
SDCCD HR Benefits
DON’T MISS YOUR ONCE-A-YEAR OPPORTUNITY TO ENROLL OR MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR BENEFIT COVERAGE The Benefits Office has gone green – no more open enrollment packets