What Does Racial Justice in Education Look Like?
Tuesday, May 11
5:00 – 6:30pm
Gain a better understanding of the effect that White Supremacy has had on our education system. Additionally, attendees will gain a better understanding of the programs currently proposed (or already underway) to improve the education of our students as we explore a more equitable education system.
The workshop will focus on how the following concerns will be impactful:
- Underfunding of education (the impact on our students)
- Diversifying faculty and staff at our institutions and the impact on students
- Including ethnic studies in educational levels K-14
- Presenting all subjects from an ethnically diverse curriculum
- Closing the opportunity gap for students and the de-escalation of police on campuses
- Restorative justice in education
- Addressing intentional racism within the education system.
Cecily Myart-Cruz, UTLA President
Kyna Collins, UTLA Racial Justice Committee
Theresa Montaño, Chicana/Chicano Studies Professor, Cal State Northridge
Carmen Carrasquillo, English Professor, San Diego Community College District/Miramar College
About Our Trainings
When you register to attend this CFT Zoom training, you will receive email confirmation of your registration directly from Zoom. The email will contain the link to join the videoconference from your PC, Mac, iOS or Android device, as well as the phone number if you choose to call in for your audio.
CFT: A Union of Educators and Classified Professionals
2001 Center Street, Suite 600 | Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: (510) 523-5238 | Fax: (510) 523-5262
email@example.com | www.cft.org