Here’s how you can participate!
1) Wear red and black!
2) Attend a Teach-In at your campus from 9:00-11:00 (bring your students if you teach):
City College: West side of B Bldg. Cuyamaca College: Grand Lawn
Mesa College: Rose Garden, outside LRC Grossmont College: Quad in front of Tech Mall
Miramar College: Student Cafeteria ECC: room 134 ( at 5:30pm)
Mid-City Center: Lobby (10:15am & 6:30pm)
3) Participate in a march at your site at 11:00.
4) Attend the Big Rally at City College at 1:00. (west side of B Bldg., near Park & A)
5) March from City College to the Federal Building downtown at 2:00.
6) Like and RSVP for your campus’s events on our Facebook Page: May Day – AFT Local 1931
7) Visit and Like the ‘Stand With Students Project Facebook page’ Post a picture of yourself and/or your students or colleagues. #istandwithstudents
8) Do something else creative!
The key thing is to make TODAY, not business as usual. Speak out. Walk out. Teach in. But don’t sit it out.
Jim Mahler, President
AFT Guild, Local 1931