In case you are still undecided about what to do to commemorate May 1st, here is a list of activities you can choose from:
1) Wear red and black colors that day!
2) Attend the Teach-In at your campus from 9:00-11:00 (bring your students if you teach).
3) Participate in the Campus March at 11:00.
4) Attend the Big Rally at City College at 1:00.
5) March from City College to the Federal Building downtown at 2:00.
6) Like and RSVP for your campus’s events on our Facebook Page: May Day – AFT Local 1931
7) Visit and Like the ‘Stand With Students Project Facebook page’ Post a picture of yourself and/or your students or colleagues. #istandwithstudents
8) Do something else creative!
The key thing is to make Monday, May 1st, not business as usual. Speak out. Walk out. Teach in. But don’t sit it out.