Vote by mail ballots will begin arriving at voters’ homes this week. Hence, the June primary season is officially underway!
Below please find three sets of recommendations:
1) Your AFT Guild recommendations for our local Governing Board races;
2) Recommendations from the San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council on other local races;
3) A link from the California Federation of Teachers to allow you to input your address and get these and other local and statewide recommendations.
Please note, if the race you are looking for (a judge for example) is not listed, it means none of these three bodies have taken a position on that race.
Most importantly, whether you take our recommendations or not, please make sure you vote!
Feel free to share this list with your family and friends!
1) AFT GUILD PRIORITY RACES:
SAN DIEGO COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION (these two races will be decided in June, no run-off)
District 3 Alicia Muñoz
District 5 Rick Shea
GROSSMONT-CUYAMACA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
District 1 Linda Cartwright
District 2 Debbie Justeson
District 5 Brad Monroe
SAN DIEGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
District A Maria Senour
District C Craig Milgrim
District E David Alvarez
2) SAN DIEGO-IMPERIAL COUNTIES LABOR COUNCIL RECOMMENDATIONS:
3) CALIFORNIA FEDERATION OF TEACHERS RECOMMENDATIONS:
Go to CFT.YourVoter.Guide and enter your address. The recommendations for your address will be displayed.
Statewide Ballot Measures:
Prop. 68: YES — Clean Drinking Water and Safe Parks
Prop. 69: YES — Transportation Taxes and Fees Lockbox
Prop. 70: NO — Greenhouse Gas Reserve Gridlock
Prop. 71: YES — Ballot Measures Effective Date Reform
Prop. 72: YES — End Tax Penalty for Rainwater Capture