Monday Morning Briefings:
1) Our first AFT Guild Union Meeting of 2010 will be held this Thursday, February 4th, at:
The DoubleTree Hotel in Mission Valley
7450 Hazard Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92108
Our meeting will be held in the Brickstones Room.
Attached is a tentative agenda for the meeting. Please let me know if you have any items you would like to include on the agenda.
2) “March for California’s Future” picking up support fast!
The CFT-led “March for California’s Future,” to begin the day after the March 4 statewide “Day of Action,” has picked up endorsements (and financial contributions) from the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Northern California Council, and the San Diego Central Labor Council, among others. The march will move from Bakersfield to Sacramento over the course of about six weeks, ending with a major rally at the Capitol, and convey three main ideas to the media and the public:
- Restore the promise of public education;
- Rebuild a government and economy that works for all Californians;
- Enact a fair tax system to fund California’s future.
3) Union members can get a discount on TurboTax and also take advantage of free online tax filing services. Click here for more info.
Not a Guild member yet? Joining as a member doesn’t cost you any extra, and gives you access to numerous discounts and free benefits. Click here to join online.
Have a Great Week-It’s Always Your Choice!