Please we are pleased to offer up the first Fall 2020 edition of Get Active for your reading pleasure here: https://aftguild.org/get-active.
The articles include:
- *An In Focus Piece on our Campaign to pass Proposition 15. Read this and find out what you can do to help pass this essential measure that would bring in billions of dollars to schools and communities:
- “Yes on Proposition 15: Why Passing this Crucial Ballot Measure Is Our Top Priority this November 3rd and What You Can Do to Help”
In the news section you will find the following:
- *California Democrats Need to Do the Right Thing, Call a Special Session on Revenue, and Tax the Über Rich to Avoid Catastrophic Cuts to Education and Vital Social Services
- *AFT 1931 Resolution Supporting Progressive Tax Bills in the 2020 Legislative Session
- *Labor Day in the Midst of a National Crisis: Dreaming of a Just Recovery
- *The American Federation of Teachers Lays Out a Bold Vision of a Just Recovery with a Green New Deal
- *AFT 1931 Stands Committed to Fight for Racial Justice on Our Campuses and in Our Community
We hope you enjoy this edition and get active!
Jim Mahler, President
AFT Guild, Local 1931