- This event has passed.
AFT Guild Union Meeting, March 3, 2022
March 3, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dear AFT Guild Members,
After a two year hiatus, it’s time to dust off your pants as we are back to holding our Union meetings in-person starting this week!
Our meeting this month will be held this Thursday, March 3rd beginning at 3:00pm at Mesa College in the Mesa Commons, room MC-211 A/B. There is parking available along the street in front of the MC building, and there is also a parking structure as you enter the campus on the left hand side.
However, there will of course be some precautions we will need to take in order to gather this many people in one room:
1) All Guild members wishing to attend will need to show proof of vaccination and booster (if eligible for the booster) to be admitted.
2) Full masking will be required for the duration of the meeting. Acceptable masks are: a KF-94, KN-95, N-95 or a double layer surgical+cloth mask. We will have some KF-94 and N-95 masks at the door if you need one.
We will also be having a Zoom webinar option where you will be able to listen to the meeting, ask questions in the chat, and to vote. The Zoom link is: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/95913276546.
Attached is the tentative agenda for this Thursday’s meeting. At this meeting we will be voting on:
- Endorsement of Desiree Klaar for GCCCD Governing Board, District 1
- Endorsement of AB 1771 (Ward) – California Housing Speculation Act
- Endorsement of SB 1173 (Gonzalez) – Fossil Fuel Divestment
- Financial Support for the Progressive Labor Summit
- Statement in Support of Peoples of Ukraine
Please let me know if you have any items you would like to see added to the agenda.
Hope to see you in-person on Thursday!