Today is the big day for the rally and march to the Governor's office!
Are we going to continue to do "more with less"? Are we going to continue to just "work a little bit harder," and "give a little bit more," while being "happy we still have a job"?
Or are we going to rise up, collectively, and demand that the current system that is strangling public education be changed?
No one thing will make this happen, but one thing is for certain, if we do nothing, nothing will happen.
Today is the day that we need to make a big, bold statement that we are not going to remain silent while the wealthy and corporations enjoy tax breaks as our educational system continues to be starved of basic funding needs.
We need everyone to come to the rally TODAY at 3:00pm in Balboa Park at the intersection of President's Way and Park Boulevard and let your voice be heard!
We will hear from the speakers listed below, and then march to the Governor's office downtown. Be there! It's your future!
MC and Rally Organizer: Jim Miller, Political Action VP/Community Outreach Coordinator, AFT Guild Local 1931
Blessing by Rabbi Laurie Coskey from the Interfaith Committee for Worker Justice
1. Terry Burgess, President of San Diego City College
2. Lorena Gonzalez, Secretary-Treasurer of the SD-Imperial Counties Labor Council
3. Jose Rodriguez, Bringing Education and Activism Together (BEAT/City College Student)
4. Gregg Robinson, American Federation of Teachers Faculty Member, Grossmont-Cuyamaca College District
5. Richard Barrera, Board of Trustee Member, San Diego Unified School District
6. Kelly Mayhew, PTC Member of McKinley Elementary School
7. Camille Zombro, President, San Diego Education Association, San Diego Unified School District
8. Anita Martinez, California School Employees Association Classified Staff Member, Grossmont-Cuyamaca College District
9. Phil Lopez, President, California Teachers Association, Southwestern College
10. April Webster, California State University Employees Union, SDSU
11. Susan Orlofsky, University Professional and Technical Employees, UCSD
12. Fred Lonidier, President, AFT Local 2034, UCSD
13. Jim Mahler, President, AFT Guild Local 1931, San Diego and Grossmont-Cuyamaca Colleges