Many of you already have contacted your senators in support of real healthcare reform, and we thank you. However, our work is not done—in fact, it's just beginning. At this moment, key Senate committees are negotiating what will be included in the final legislation on which senators will vote. They are looking at many proposals; the choice the Senate makes will affect all Americans. We need your help. Remember, your voice is the most important one in this debate.
Here is how you can help:
Tell your senators you want reform that will:
- Control costs and not tax our health insurance benefits;
- Provide affordable coverage for all Americans;
- Encourage competition by including a national public health insurance plan option;
- Prevent employers from dropping coverage; and
- Prevent shifting new Medicare costs to states.