I am running for a delgate to the State democratic convention democratic party in the 75th Assembly District. I am on a slate with 6 other candidates who were working on the Obama campaign. The delegate caucuses are on January 11 at different locations.
75th Assembly District.
Sunday, January 11th, registration 11:00 am, meeting 1:00 pm. Spring Suites Scripps Room, 12032 Scripps Highland Drive, San Diego 92131 (MAP). Convener: David Little email@example.com
I was wondering if any active members might be able to come and caucus for us.
I have been active in the Obama Campaign for the last two years. I was a precinct captain and campaigned in several states. I worked at the Caucuses at the Democratic Convention in Denver . I am a member of O C San Diego Military and Veterans for Obama, and Blue Stars for Obama. My husband is a Viet Nam Veteran.
- All Branches of Service Represented
- Have traveled to 37 states and Puerto Rico collectively to campaign
- Held over 134 events collectively over the last 18 months of the campaign
- Raised about $13,500 for nonprofits including American Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund.
I have been a Professor at San Diego Community College for the last 31 years. My expertise is in Education and I plan as a delegate to work on the platform for both elementary and higher education. I have been a member of the American Federation of Teachers and worked in our Shared Governance at the College.
I organized the group San Diego Teachers for Obama.
I live in Poway and have two grown children who also worked on the campaign.
I support Obama’s Educational Plan to:
· The Obama-Biden comprehensive "Zero to Five" plan will provide critical support to young children and their parents.
· Provide affordable, High-Quality Child Care: Obama and Biden will also increase access to affordable and high-quality child care to ease the burden on working families.
· Create the American Opportunity Tax Credit: Obama and Biden will make college affordable for all Americans by creating a new American Opportunity Tax Credit, and make community college tuition completely free for most students. Recipients of the credit will be required to conduct 100 hours of community service.
· Simplify the Application Process for Financial Aid: Obama and Biden will streamline the financial aid process by eliminating the current federal financial aid application and enabling families to apply simply by checking a box on their tax form.